FWSF Membership Eligibility
Thank you for your interest in joining Financial Women of San Francisco. To help you decide if membership is right for you, we ask that you:
- [Required] Attend at least one FWSF event before applying. Check out our list of upcoming events.
- [Required] Be sponsored by a current member. If you don't know any members, we encourage you to attend a few FWSF events as a guest. That’s the easiest way to meet some members and find a sponsor. If you need help in finding a sponsor, please contact one of the following liaisons:
In the San Francisco area, contact Darcy Illg
In Silicon Valley, contact Alexis Babb
In East Bay, contact Minako Steel
Are you a sponsor? Click here to fill out the sponsorship form.
- [Optional] Attend an optional "Get to know FWSF" coffee. These informal coffees for new and prospective members are the perfect place to ask questions, learn about our organization, and figure out how to make the most of your membership. Please contact Darcy Illg (San Francisco), Alexis Babb (Silicon Valley) or Minako Steel (East Bay) to join the next coffee gathering.
Types of Memberships
As a newcomer to FWSF, you may apply for one of two types of membership:
Active Member (view description)
Affiliate Member (view description)
Apply Now Review Dues
As a returning member, you may simply request to be reinstated rather than fill out a new application. You will be asked to pay the initiation fee and pro-rated annual dues.
- Be employed by a financial services firm or in a clearly defined financial position based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Have a graduate degree and at least two years of experience in one or more financial positions OR have an undergraduate degree plus at least four years of experience in one or more financial positions.
If you fulfill these criteria but are on a leave-of-absence from a financial position, you are still eligible to become an active member if you are not working outside of the finance industry.
If you don't meet all the requirements of an active member, you may apply to become an affiliate member. You will enjoy most of same privileges as active members, except that you will not be eligible to vote or hold board positions.
Women who have retired and do not plan to return to work, have changed jobs and now work outside the Bay Area, or do not have the requisite education or work experience often opt to become affiliates.
If your membership has lapsed for any reason and you wish to rejoin, simply contact us to let us know your intention. There’s no need to fill out a new application. Note: We do request that you pay the initiation fee and prorated annual dues.